May 31, 2006

It Is Bad To Group All Muslims Together, But......

Artwork by D.T.Devareaux


There is no doubt that 9/11 put Muslims on the radar screen. Even with me, I really didn't know much about the Muslim religion or anything about their goals. In fact, I'll admit, I wasn't really very knowledgeable about geography. I didn't know much about politics either. I did know a bit about the conflict in Israel, but really not a heck of a lot. It was Arabs against the Jews.

Before 9/11, I was mostly focused on the business world and my hobbies. I wasn't even into Atheist material, and I probably would have said I was Agnostic back then. But things change. I went from the corporate business world in a large city to a home office in a small town, which afforded me more time to learn and think about the world and life. It was right at this time 9/11 happened.

All of a sudden, I was inundated with information, and I started digging deeper and deeper. I'm pretty smart, it didn't take me long to catch up on where Saudi Arabia and Iraq are on a map. I've started to learn about Darfur, about other conflicts on the planet, and guess what? Most involve pissed off Muslims.

But here is the thing. I hear what different people say the Muslims want. I hear hardcore Islamophobes, I hear Muslim apologists, I hear Jews, I hear just about everyone. The bottom line is that Muslim have a pretty bad reputation right now. And it is hard not to lump most of them together. Take Israel for instance. I'm very confident that Israel is a heck of a lot more in the right than the Palestinians are. This is based on fact and logic. Yet I rarely if ever have seen one Muslim state this. They all support the Palestinians. You know, the ass monkeys who handed out candy on 9/11, who regularly use suicide bombings against innocents to show the world how retarded they are. I could see if 75% of Muslim support the Palestinians and 25% support Israel, that I shouldn't lump Muslim together, but 99.9% support the Palestinian. Is it out of hatred of the West and/or Israel, or is it out of love of their brothers(It isn't love as the Palestinians have been treated as pawns by other Arab countries). So the mindset is pretty much into hate and resentment, not fact and logic. They peddle around the lie that Israel is on Palestinian land. A lie that many Moonbats have bought into, and of course Jew haters have no problem buying it either. And notice, you never hear a peep about Darfur from Muslims. At least I don't.

If the Muslim mindset can rationalize so much hate, and are so one-sided in their causes, and have priorities that screwed up, perhaps they deserve the bad rap.


Here are five questions that were posed in the LA Op Ed section in November during the French car burning riots:

(1) Why are you so quiet (in speaking out and/or demonstrating against terrorist acts)?

(2) Why are none of the Palestinian terrorists Christian?

(3) Why is only one of the 47 Muslim-majority countries a free country?

(4) Why are so many atrocities committed and threatened by Muslims in the name of Islam?

(5) Why do countries governed by religious Muslims persecute other religions?


I'm adding a 6th. What is a bigger crisis to you: Darfur or Israel, and why?

This article was posted before the cartoon Jihad. Obviously, the Muslims are capable of making a lot of noise if they feel strongly about something. This leads me to the conclusion that cartoons of Mohammed are a much larger issue than complaining about car bombs to most Muslims.
*************************************************************

I hope the following isn't what Muslims really want in North America. From The Messengers of Allah:

What the Muslims Want

This is the question asked most frequently by both the whited and the blacks. The answers to this question I shall state as simply as possible.

1. We want freedom. We want a full and complete freedom.

2. We want justice. Equal justice under the law. We want justice applied equally to all, regardless of creed, or class, or color.

3. We want equality of opportunity. We want equal membership in society with the best in civilized society.

4. We want our people in America whose parents or grandparents were descendants from slaves, to be allowed to establish a separate state or territory of their own...either on this continent or elsewhere. We believe that our former slave masters are obliged to provide such land and that the area must be fertile and minerally rich. We believe that our former slave masters are obligated to maintain and supply our needs in this separate territory for the next 20 to 25 years...until we are able to produce our own needs.

Since we cannot get along with them in peace and equality, after giving them 400 years of our sweat and blood, and receiving in return some of the worst treatment human beings have ever experienced, we believe our contributions to this land and the suffering forced upon us by white America, justifies our demand for complete separation in a state or territory of our own.

5. We want freedom for all Believers of Islam now held in federal prisons. We want freedom for all black men and women now under death sentence in innumerable prisons in the North, as well as the South.

We want every black man and woman to have the freedom to accept or reject being separated from the slave master's children and establish a land of their own.

We know that the above plan for the solution of the black and white conflict is the best and only answer to the problem between two people.

6. We want an immediate end to the police brutality and mob attacks against the so-called Negro throughout the United States.

We believe that the Federal government should intercede to see that black men and women tried in white courts receive justice in accordance with the laws of the land - or allow us to build a new nation for ourselves, dedicated to justice, freedom and liberty.

7. As long as we are not allowed to establish a state or territory of our own, we demand not only equal justice under the laws of the United States, but equal employment opportunities - NOW.

We do not believe that after 400 years of free or nearly free labor, sweat and blood, which has helped America become rich and powerful, that so many thousands of black people should have to subsist on relief, charity, or live in poor homes.

8. We want the government of the United States to exempt our people from All Taxation as long as we are deprived of equal justice under the laws of the land.

9. We want equal education - but separate schools up to 16 for boys and 18 for girls on the condition that the girls be sent to women's colleges and universities. We want all black children, educated, taught and trained by their own teachers.

Under such schooling systems we believe we will make a better nation of people. The United States government should provide, free, all necessary text books and equipment, schools, and college buildings. The Muslim teachers shall be left free to teach and train their people in the way of righteousness, decency and self respect.

10. We believe that intermarriage or race mixing should be prohibited. We want the religion of Islam taught without hindrance or suppression.

These are some of the things that we, the Muslims, want for our people in North America.



To be fair, whoever wrote this, seems to be a Nation of Islam idiot. But is it far off the truth of what all Muslims want?

I have a suggestion to Muslims. Quit being defensive. Quit apologizing for any group or country that engages in suicide bombings or the annihilation of another group or country. Start criticizing suicide bombings and those who condone it. Start criticizing those who won't allow churches in their states, or those who treat women like 2nd or 3rd class citizens. Criticize those who punish homosexuality. And if you don't like my attitude here and if you don't like being told what to do: bite me.

If you don't, I'll have to conclude that Islamophobes are totally on the right track.

23 comments:

  1. Right on Bacon! Good point about the monolithic responses from the Muslim world. Just fix your spelling errors and this will be a great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If the Muslim mindset is can rationalize so much hate and are so one-sided it their causes, .."

    ....not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fixed! I should really start to proofread my rants:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "To be fair, whoever wrote this, seems to be a Nation of Islam idiot."

    You would be correct- it was written by Elijah Muhammad, which would make it over three decades old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vile, has the Nation of Islams demands toned down since then?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably not, but they're small now and quite a stone's throw from what most Muslims would associate with- part of their beliefs include fricken UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAJ, I sure disagree with your views on God, but I have to agree with most of your political views.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vile, I read that there are between 10,000 and 100,000 members today. I thought it was higher.

    Jesse, what can I say, I'm the ultimate realist. Faith doesn't exist in my head.

    Ellen, do they allow Atheists in your church?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The largest group of slave owners in the world today are Muslims.

    Would they be willing to give to their slaves the same deal as demanded by Elijah Muhammad?

    I think not.

    Free Constantinople

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make some good points, that it is hard not to lump them all together when there isn't real movement from the Muslim community to speak out against the atrocities that are being committed in their religion's name. But I have to make a distinction between radical Middle Eastern Arabs and your typical Arabs (Turkey is a particularly tolerant middle eastern country) and Arab-Americans who want to practice their (admittedly strict and oppressive to women) religion and live a quiet life like the rest of us. I think if there was a large-scale movement by Muslims to condemn terrorism and other acts of cruelty in the name of their God, then they would perhaps start to become less commonplace.

    I just really think it's important for people to avoid becoming even more xenophobic toward Muslims, because that's exactly what they are against us. And such fear and ignorance is what perpetuates the hatred that kills people.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sadly you are largly right, but not 100%. There are plenty of decent Muslims that do protest. I did a post about it here

    ReplyDelete
  12. AJ,

    I agree with your assessment. Why do we not hear any protest from the non-radical Muslims against all the bombing, murders and despicable treatment of women and non-Muslims? Talk on a blog, you know which one, is cheap. Get out and protest.

    When Jews do bad things I protest, when Americans do bad things I protest. I do not write in my blog that they have a right to be angry, sounds like my ex actually. We all have a right to our feelings; we do not have a right to force our feelings and beliefs on others.

    I am amazed that I could not get a direct answer to the simple question; does not having a country (not a true statement) give the Palestinians the right to murder?

    BTW, had problems getting on your blog today, kept locking up IE. Fifth time was a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Allie, it is hard to figure out what Muslims want because only the radicals seem to be doing the talking, and I for one, don't like what they are saying.

    Shlemazl, I like your blog, I blogrolled you.

    Hatetaxes, I use Firefox. I think the heavy amount of multi media I have on my blog is the problem you are having. Not sure though. And yes, I find that certain people can't answer certain questions. I find it deceitful. I have no problem with any questions regarding my views, but Steve and co. have a huge problem addressing certain issues head on. Masters of deflection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well Allie D., I think we can appreciate your optimism, but …

    But I have to make a distinction between radical Middle Eastern Arabs and your typical Arabs (Turkey is a particularly tolerant middle eastern country)

    I think Turkey is a “particularly tolerant middle eastern country” because the so-called forces of secularism keep it that way at the end of a gun. I sincerely doubt it’s the tolerant ones that have made Mein Kampf such a smashing success in Turkey. And when Turkey becomes a part of the E.U. (yes, Turkey in now in Europe) what will prevent those radical forces from blossoming with the E.U.’s blasphemy laws and coerced respect for all peoples and all religions (and by all, of course, we mean Muslims and Islam.) If how the E.U. deals with “extremists” in the E.U. is any indication of how they will deal with them in Turkey, Turkey won’t remain a “particularly tolerant middle eastern country” for long.

    and Arab-Americans who want to practice their (admittedly strict and oppressive to women) religion and live a quiet life like the rest of us.

    Arab-Americans who want to practice their strict and oppressive religion aren’t Americans at all (see the U.S. Constitution) and don’t belong in the States, whether they choose to live quietly or not.

    I think if there was a large-scale movement by Muslims to condemn terrorism and other acts of cruelty in the name of their God, then they would perhaps start to become less commonplace.

    Yes. This comment strikes me as similar to something our beloved Jimmy Carter said in an interview last year about the Revolutionary War being unnecessary: if only George were more receptive to the pleas of the colonists the war would never have happened. Well, he wasn’t. If only the South weren’t so keen on keeping their slaves, we could have abolished slavery in the late 1700s and prevented the Civil War 80 years down the road. Well, they weren’t. If only Muslims would condemn terrorism (and not just terrorism when it happens to fellow Muslims, for instance) then we’d be in on the road to some kind of progress. But they haven’t. And I refuse, nor am I obligated in anyway, to give these Muslims the benefit of the doubt. The onus is upon them, not us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. dt- you certainly countered my optimism with a heavy dose of bitterness. Not to say that you didn't make some good or compelling points. I only take issue with this:

    "Arab-Americans who want to practice their strict and oppressive religion aren’t Americans at all (see the U.S. Constitution) and don’t belong in the States, whether they choose to live quietly or not."

    What the hell are you talking about? The U.S. Constitution doesn't apply to individuals, but to the government and what it can't do to interfere in the lives of its citizens. Can you please elaborate further on your position?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Allie, I can't speak for him, but Sharia Law comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cartoon. Shows the similarities between the lunatics.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In Ontario, there was a proposal to introduce Sharia law for Muslims. Guess who took to the streets to march against it? It wasn't the Jews and Christians, it was Muslim women who bravely demanded their rights not to be dominated by barbaric dogmas. Canada is lucky to have such a progressive Islamic community.

    ReplyDelete
  19. dt- you certainly countered my optimism with a heavy dose of bitterness. Not to say that you didn't make some good or compelling points. I only take issue with this

    If bitterness equals observation, yes.

    What the hell are you talking about? The U.S. Constitution doesn't apply to individuals, but to the government and what it can't do to interfere in the lives of its citizens. Can you please elaborate further on your position?

    Allie, I don’t know where you’re from but I should be the last person to receive a lecture from you about what the U.S. Constitution is and what—and who—it was designed for. You seem to be unaware that the U.S. Constitution includes The Bill of Rights. Manifestly, The Bill of Rights protects “individuals” (i.e. American citizens) from the government. The Bill of Rights is manifestly incompatible with “Arab-Americans who want to practice their strict and oppressive religion” whether they choose to do so quietly or not is irrelevant. To suggest otherwise is to legitimate religious persecution and deny the American citizen his/her full compliment of constitutional rights. I could easily create my own “strict and oppressive” religion and, according to you because the Bill of the Rights does not apply to individuals, only to the government, I should be able to act with impunity—as your above “Arab Americans” are wont to do. Your understanding of how the Constitution functions is so utterly bassackwards as to be nonsensical so I hope this clears a few things up for you.

    What we see in other Western countries—inassimilable Muslim enclaves erecting states within states subject not to the laws of their Western host countries but to Islamic Sharia—is only absent in the U.S. at present—as I believe—because Muslims here do not yet possess the demographic leverage in sheer numbers to intimidate our cowardly lawmakers. This of course hasn’t stopped those lawmakers from pushing resolutions which seek to outlaw “religious intolerance” (resolutions such as House Res. 288 which mentions the Islam more than any other religion; wonder why?) or our public education system putting students through Islamic courses (in clear contradiction of the so-called state/church separation which appears to apply only to Christians) or banks in Chicago from offering loans to Muslim bankers interest free and so on and so forth.

    None of this is to say that Muslims in America are even consciously biding their time in some imperial conspiracy, only that I base my opinions upon observations abroad and the possibility of the same scenario occurring elsewhere—here—under similar conditions. I respectfully refuse, however, to provide the Arab or Muslim American community the benefit of the doubt on such things while individuals such as Ibrahaim Hooper speak for them.

    Sharia is not compatible with the Bill of Rights. Period. Thanks for agreeing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cartoon. Shows the similarities between the lunatics.

    Thanks Beepbeep. Some people direct their criticisms solely on the “Eastern” half, perhaps without realizing that I’m skewering the “Western” side as well. In the scenario depicted, I’m not providing apology to either side. I find the attitudes of both sides as expressed in that bizarre little tango equally backward.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes, the Bill of Rights protects individuals from the government, but not individuals from individuals. You threw me with your initial cryptic statement when you said to "check the US Constitution" in regards to your assertion that Arab-Americans do not belong in this country. The statement as it stood alone appeared to me to be a non-sequitur, and your clarifications only serve to point out that you are indeed a bit of an Islamophobe.

    I would certainly hope that your outrage over Muslims receiving special treatment by the government would also extend to special treatment that's also received by Christians and other religions alike in this country, based soley on the breech of the Establishment Clause and not just specifically because you appear to hate Muslims.

    And before you assert that I have no understanding of the US Constitution, I only ask that you try making your claims a bit more clearly to begin with so that they are not misconstrued.

    Thanks for clarifying yourself. I guess.

    ReplyDelete